Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hiatus


It’s been almost a year since i posted here.

I’ve spent a year in Boston, a year in film school. I’ve watched (or re-watched) some more Jesus movies, including Jesus Christ Superstar, Godspell, King of Kings, and The Last Temptation of Christ. I’ve had crises of faith, and experiences of overwhelming conviction in my faith. I’ve made friendships. i’ve nearly lost a few friendships. I’ve made a few short films. i’ve bartended weekends.

And throughout all of it, i have simply had no motivation to write on this blog. i haven’t been able to form thoughts - arguments, questions, anything - with a coherence that merited a post.  

Of course, i’ve been busy with school and all, which has it’s own writing demands. But this is different. I’ve tried to limit my facebook posting, to avoid those obnoxious debates, and i haven’t especially missed the opportunities to flesh out my own opinions in a public sphere. Maybe i haven’t blogged because i accept my limitations - i simply might not have the capacity to speak with any authority on certain issues of faith or politics or film, and would prefer this not become a space for half-baked whining or pontificating. 

Whatever the reasons or circumstances, it’s been nearly a year and i’m finally motivated to at least address or acknowledge my absence. 

i might need to take another hiatus soon. We’ll see. But for now, i’m still here, i’m still thinking, and i’ll try to start writing again very soon. Maybe tomorrow. Here’s a link to a music video in the meantime.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/2q9_ZEtuTR8

No comments:

Post a Comment